Sunday, September 4, 2011

My First Attempt of Carrot Muffin

I finally baked Carrot Muffin on 3rd September using this receipe:
4 eggs 1.5 cups vegetable oil 3/4 cups organic raw cane sugar 2 tsp vanilla extract 2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 1.5 cups grated carrots

Outcome: Passed but not satisfied.

1) It is quite tasteless as I can't feel the sweetness or butterness (of course, it is a butterless recipe and I used brown sugar)

However I reduce the Oil from 1.5 cup to only 1 cup Canola Oil. And with a little creative from me, I added 0.5 cup of Milk so that I still have the liquid quantity (which could be the reason for the tasteless part)

The muffin came out OK, as it is still moist and fluffy. Wiht that, I suggest those who would like to follow my recipe; before you want to consume it, is to microwave it for 10 seconds (or 20 seconds) and then apply with Butter. Then my verdict : Beautiful!! The butter brings out the aroma of the muffin and with the carrot taste, it brings out the sweetness. Great combi haha and to my perspective: Slightly healthy version for a toddler.

My concept of baking remains the same for Tigerbaby:
1) Reduce Oil
2) Reduce Sugar (regardless what type)
3) Increase main ingrdients (carrot, blueberry etc)
4) Subsitute oil with milk (optional) as I believe milk is better than oil - as for allergy debate point, it is cook so chances of allergy % is reduce *my own thinking* and it is a good way to slowly introduce cows milk to my todller then straight cold from the fridge :P

Disclamner: This is all my own thinking ... and some from seniors asian adults (like my mum, my grandmum, aunties...) follow as u deem fit

No comments:

Post a Comment